- Buy lousy jar of pickles (actually make sure they are super yummy- I love Claussen)
- Buy fresh cucumbers. Organic, if you feel so inclined.
- Eat store bought pickles but save the juice!
- Cut or slice your cucumber and put into jar of juice.
- Let sit outside in the sun for day(s)
- If eating with ice cream, call your partner to let him know that you must be pregnant.
|I cut wedges. You can cut slices or crinkle cuts or spirals (kidding on the spirals)|
|Fill jar with fresh cucumbers|
|Put in the sun for a day or more.|
|If necessary, hire a pickle slave to ensure maximum sunlight exposure|
|This takes great skill|
|"Do not attempt at home. Professional on a closed course"|
|Once soaked for a day or so, place in fridge|
I use the same jar until there isn't enough juice left to make another batch. If you are dying to know more about different techniques for making pickles, please click here. The site discusses sterilizing jars and all sorts of stuff that I couldn't be bothered to do. I'll bet that it's far more information than you'll ever need. Unless of course, you need a topping for your ice cream.
Q: Have you ever made pickles? If you were pregnant: did you really crave pickles and ice cream? Or is that an urban legend?