Enter the Gazpacho smoothie. It's shockingly more delicious and less creepy than it sounds. And so so so easy. I did not use a Vitamix- just a standard blender. Today I had it in a bowl, as originally intended from the great Gazpacho gods.
The obligatory items are the veggies, water, ice and a blender. But I added the protein powder and 'the thickening gums' because otherwise I'd have to have them surgically removed from my hand.
- Half a medium cucumber
- 1/4 of a sweet red bell pepper
- handful of grape tomatoes (or one medium regular tomato)
- stalk of celery
- handful of parsley
- several shakes of hot sauce of choice (Tabasco, Tapatio, Frank's)
- handful of ice
- enough water for blender to 'grab' and blend
- Optional: half a scoop of protein powder of choice
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon of guar gum and 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum
|All this for 157 calories.|
|18g of protein; 6 g of fiber; a village's weekly supply of veggies (almost)|
Q: Do you crave savory cold soups? Have you heard about fruit 'soups' that they serve in restaurants or cruise ships (I call that a smoothie in a bowl). Do you subscribe to the 'must have protein' philosophy? Why would Eden's pancake recipe call for advertisements for urinary incontinence or singles over 40?