You can make it chocolaty as I did, or omit the cocoa powder for a plain, peanutty muffin (less 20 calories): Makes one HUGE serving. 155 calories **; 12 g protein; 16.5g carb; 4.5g fiber; 1.75g fat Stellar stats.
- 2 Egg whites (**If using liquid egg whites use 1/2 cup and add 20 calories)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin (3 T applesauce or other starchy carb works well too!)
- 2 T coconut flour* (1 T also works, and results in 40 fewer calories)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- stevia or other granular sweetener to taste
- 1 T. cocoa powder (Hershey's Special dark cocoa is best!)
Spray a soup bowl with a very light layer of oil to prevent sticking (not even necessary but makes cleaning up a bit easier).
Mix ingredients well with fork, whisk or spatula
|Just out of the microwave|
|Note the hugeness|
|Literally falling out of my hand|
Now for the plain version (using peanut flour here):
|Topped with almond butter|
Q: Any new-to-you microwave or oven baked recipes that have a great texture? Are there any that are high protein, filling and yummy?