RSS

Guest Post! Protein Ice Cream from Heather of Heather Eats Almond Butter!

Heather from Heather Eats Almond Butter here, or HEAB for short. Both Deb and I are fans of creating lower calorie versions of decadent desserts. Well, back in the day, I made countless trips to Dairy Queen for some of my favorite desserts, which were definitely NOT low calorie, and to this day, I still crave a good DQ fix. So, I hope all of you enjoy the following lower calorie version of a DQ classic as much as I did.

Dairy Queen's Peanut Buster Parfait

Picture 4.png

Ingredients: Dairy Queen soft serve, peanuts, hot fudge sauce.

Picture 3.png

Peanut Buster Parfait Meets Banana Split, HEABified

IMG_5122.JPG

Ingredients: Chocolate protein ice cream (made with unsweetened chocolate Almond Breeze and 1 scoop chocolate Sun Warrior rice protein powder), 1/2 ounce roasted salted peanuts, 1 large banana, and chocolate syrup (1/2 TBSP maple syrup mixed with 1 heaping tsp cocoa powder).

You're welcome. :)

9 comments:

Kat (bubble gum gym kat) said...

yours looks sooo much better than DQ

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Damn, that was good! ;)

homecookedem said...

HEAB, your version looks waaaaaaay better than DQ's version!! Yummm!! :)

damnthefreshman15 said...

Yumgasm!

Hey, you should do a compilation of the best restaurant sweet treat mocks! We can do waaaaay better than Hungry Girl.

littlemisspotato said...

Ohhhh yeah!!
PS I think DQ is gross. I <3 icecream but it just does not taste good at all!

tam said...

That looks mouth wateringly good!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) said...

Oh you know that looks great! Nice work Heaby!

Deb, just saw your meetup with Tam. So between meeting Lara and Tam, you have met more Euro ladies than this fellow in your own backyard SoCal lady...so i demand a meetup when your life calms down a bit :)

xoxo

Bekah said...

YES. Heaby rocks my socks with her dessert concoctions.

Allie (Protein Girl) said...

Heabs, you've inspired me to recreate something from Cold Stone Creamery! But first, I should probably dip in at Coldstone for a real life comparison, no?

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Copyright 2009 SmoothieGirlEatsToo All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes