This might go under the official blogging category of “GO MAKE THIS NOW”. It was more ice cream than smoothie. Call it what you want. I called it breakfast and it was ridiculously yummy:
- 3/4 cup of yesterday’s coffee (I can’t bear wasting perfectly good java!)
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (I used MRM low carb as it was on sale and yummy)
- 1 tsp RUM extract (****SECRET INGREDIENT!!)
- Handful of ice
- Few ounces of water if needed to thin
- Sprinkle of stevia or other sweetener
- Sprinkle xanthan & guar gums (Less of the xanthan- see previous posts about these gums)
- Cocoa powder for dusting
Why *giggles*? Girl Hero Jenn had a funny post where she mentioned what I am dubbing “The ‘Nom nom’ Phenomenon” where we foodies use the term to describe something we think is delicious. After some discussion, Jenn & I agreed that it sounds like someone- perhaps even the Cookie Monster- is rabidly devouring so much food that it spills out the sides of his (or her??) mouth. I will never be able to hear ‘nom nom’ again without giggling. Love it!
Newsflash to bloggers! There are people in the world who don’t know what ‘nom nom’ means! Yes, it’s TRUE! Perfect example: my wonderful, normal, non-blogger cousin who visited me last week had no idea what I meant when I wrote ‘nom nom’. HI KATA!
I worked hard teaching Kata the meaning of ‘Nom Nom’…
Pimped Sweet Potato Pancakes
Question: Do you Nom-nom? Does the term make you giggle or gross you out? Do you eat dessert first? What is your favorite dessert for brekkie?