This post is a tad ‘rich’ with words, and as you know in these circumstances, I like to pepper you with a few photos to keep you duly entertained. They are some of my Good, Bad and Funny photos.
Good (as in Mmmm Good)
First I want to discuss the title of the post: The Good, The Bad and the Funny. It relates to the state of the bloggie, and the giveaway. Let me ‘splain.
In August of 2009 with the encouragement of my friend Heather at Heather Eats Almond Butter, I jumped into the blog world with both feet, screaming “COWUBUNGA!” No wait, that was the swimming pool. Well, and the blog too. This was good. So let’s visit the GOOD SIDE of the healthy-living blog world, from my perspective:
- I learn from Bloggers every.single.day
- I love the camaraderie, friendship and support
- I laugh, I cry & I think deeply when I read blogs, and when I write my own.
- Blogging keeps me off the streets
Here is the BAD SIDE of all-things-blog…one word:
And I mean that in the most loving sort of way.
What I am trying to say is that I will be taking a gentle step back from the blog world. Here is why:
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE blogging and want to keep it fun and enriching for everyone. It takes me quite a long time to write up my posts (shocking, I know) and I do care about the content. I’d rather post less often with some semblance of quality than frequently post a bunch of shite (said in best Northern UK-accent…rhymes with ‘kite’.)
- I find myself spending more and more time on blogs and blogging: I call it the Blortex. I know that many, many of you can relate.
- I want to spend more time exploring new hobbies and revisiting old ones: does anyone out there remember reading books? They are those things made of paper, and a thick cardboard cover with writing on it.
- I am exploring leaving my abusive husband for the hot young thing next door that everyone’s raving about. Oh, not Derek- I’m speaking metaphorically here: I’m still considering leaving Blogger for Wordpress, but this will take some research, brain cells and time. Right now I’m dating Windows Live Writer. It’s like the bad husband with a box of candy and a dozen roses.
- I have a series of trips coming up, so my blogging opportunities will be sketchy, just like the people I’m going to be visiting.
…Check out my face “before” I get my coffee, and “after”
What does this mean?
- I WILL be posting, just not as frequently. Posts will continue to cover a variety of topics, as before: recipes, training, deep thoughts food & body image, travel, cat hair, lashcicles. You know, the usual blogging stuff.
- I WILL be reading other wonderful blogs, and leaving comments, just not as frequently.
- I WILL be Tweeting, aka, ‘sharing my view of the planet in 140 characters or less’. An example of such a Tweet might read: “2am. Saturday night. Got up to pee. Stepped in cat barf. Bet you are clubbing”. You can follow me on Twitter by clicking on the icon in the right margin of this blog. But only do so if you want to know all about cat barf and other less fascinating musings. And don’t worry, I don’t Tweet so much that you need to scroll through six screens just to catch up on tweets from the morning. That is just not fun.
Oversized leather bomber notwithstanding, this photo was taken on one of the first trips I took with the hubs.
Early on, I always told the hubs that if even one person benefitted from my presence in the blogosphere, then it is all worth it. Whether someone gets a recipe idea, a workout or weight loss tip, or even a giggle… this is why I started blogging.
Until August, I had never written anything in my life, so it was a happy surprise to discover that I actually enjoy doing it. In order to be able to continue to give you my 100%, this is the direction that the blog needs to roll. (ha ha I made a funny – Blog Roll gettit?)
Both the face and the evidence of the wipeout
Also, I have met the most amazing people in the healthy living blogosphere- both via emails, comments (too numerous to mention) and in person: YOU KNOW WHO YOU GALS ARE that I’ve actually met! I cannot express how enriching it feels to be a part of this amazing group of women and man (Hi Andy Goose!). I learn from them daily and they help me to grow continuously as a person. I wish to continue to meet inspiring & fabulous people. It makes me happy. You make me happy..
I find my grass-cutting determination rather hilarious
Now I am asking you, the readers to come up with your own good, bad and funny photos for me. The deadline will be Feb 28, 2010. Be sure to leave me your email cryptically, like johndoe at gmail dot com in a comment some time between now and the end of the month. Plan to submit the following photos:
- Good: so that we see what you look like under ‘normal’ circumstances.
- Bad: open to much interpretation…double chins, curlers in hair, bad hair, evidence of bad dancing, scowling, wardrobe malfunctions etc.
- Funny: You be the judge.
I just had to share some more bad and funnys with you (some are hybrids- badly funny or funnily bad)
I don’t know what’s worse: the dress, the hair or the face… (Little brother gets honorable mention)
If looks could kill! “DO NOT DISTURB ME WHILE I’M MAKING MY POPCORN MARSHMALLOW BALLS!!”
Your reward for your photo entries: An opportunity to share your awful/great photos with the whole blogosphere as I will post them here and link back to your blog if you have one (or want me to!). Oh and an entry into a giveaway to receive a multi-pack of my home-made nut butters. International readers welcome.
Pet photos also welcome- especially if the fur on their arms does not match that found on the rest of their body
So remember, ‘it’s not you, it’s me’. It’s not ‘good-bye’…it’s ‘see ya on campus’. And know that I definitely still want to be friends :-)
Q: How do you balance your blogging endeavors? Will you participate in the Good, Bad & Funny Giveaway? I know one Almond-loving friend who said she will be digging out some pics. :-) Can’t wait to see those! Heh heh.