Fun Blogger Fact: Did you know that if you type in the title of your post, then hit "enter", your entire post gets published without any content? Yup, that would explain the fact that many of you got a blank post sent to your inbox. I could insert that photo of myself screaming again, but I'll just shrug it off and get busy giving you a post that actually contains words and photos.
The Papaya Coconut Smoothie:
Yes, it's December and it's cold, rainy and snowy out where many people live. But I would hazard a guess that in Hawaii, it is just lovely. With the holidays approaching, I have had a few "Calgon Take Me Away" moments recently, and I can't think of a better place to escape than a tropical island, right Averie?
If you have never heard "Calgon Take Me Away", here is a historical review. It's got nothing to do with my smoothie, but quite interesting nonetheless. There are three short videos that you can view to witness the evolution of Calgon:
- 1960's version- very British, very glam, very ritzy, very sexy. Apparently bathing is hot hot hot. And I don't mean Farenheit.
- 1970's version- kids laughing while jumping up and down during a pillow shredding incident apparently sends this lady to her tub.
- 1980's version- is it me, or does this woman display some anger issues? Personally, I think that she is about to 'go postal' (please don't make me explain that one too). Amazing that the bath seems to work for her because I was going to suggest some Ativan.
Ok now that we are clear on Calgon, I will get back to the Smoothie du Jour. I happened to get a couple of papayas at the Co-Op for a reduced price, so they just begged to be eaten. They are sooo juicy and yummy, and apparently have a lot of fiber in them.
Here are the ingredients:
- Water or Coconut Water (it's naturally sweet and does have ~60 calories per container)
- Ice to desired thickness/frosty-ness
- 1 scoop Protein powder
- Coconut extract
- Papaya- ideally cubed and frozen
- Small sprinkle of Xanthan Gum, if desired to thicken
- Sprinkle of Guar Gum, if desired for creaminess
- Optional Torani or DaVinci syrup: I used Macadamia nut (contains Splenda)
- Stevia if desired for added sweetness
- Shaved coconut (for topping)
- Coconut butter (for your spoon)
- Chopped nuts as a topping: I used Beek's Sweet Cumin Almonds- yum yum.
Blend up and pretend that you are on a tropical beach. Now get to your Holiday Shopping or just take a bath!
Q: If you could transport yourself anywhere in a Calgon-take-me-away moment, where would it be (other than the tub)?
PS. Sorry Janetha B for deleting the old defunct post with your funny comments- I figured I better just repost the darn thing :-/ Gaaahhhh Blogger- it's like staying in an abusive relationship!!