Heather of Heather Eats Almond Butter has been very humble about her one-year Blogversary. She's accomplished so much in such a short time and has helped so many people in the process. She has encouraged readers to experiment in the kitchen and find a healthier way of life. She's da bomb. But you all know that!
For the past week she has been celebrating by giving away goodies to her faithful followers. This is so-typically Heab - always thinking of others! As the festivities continue (can we also dub it 'Heabakah' like someone else we know?) , I was thinking of a way that I could celebrate a little bit too, and honor my friend.
So I decided to take a CUSTOM ORDER from the lovely Heather for four nut butters of her choice that I would make with my own loving hands. And I figured while I was at it, why not double the recipe and give one away to a lucky reader? I have never done a give-away before, so if I was to ever do one, this was a great opportunity.
Here are some nut options for her Heabness to choose from:
- Organic Peanuts
- Organic Almonds, roasted
- Organic Almonds, raw
- Emerald Cocoa Almonds (sorry, not organic)
- Organic Brazil nuts
- Roasted hazelnuts (again, not organic but man are these particular ones are yummy)
- Organic cashews
- Organic walnuts
- Organic Sunflower seeds
- Dark cocoa powder
- Regular cocoa powder
- Roasted carob powder
- Raw carob powder
- Spices: Cinnamon, Cardamom, Nutmeg, Cloves
- Maca powder
- Mesquite powder
- Organic instant coffee powder
- Chile powder: chipotle, regular
- Extracts: vanilla, maple, banana, butter(?), mint, peppermint(?), coconut, pistacio, walnut, almond, chocolate
- Sweetener of some kind: Stevia, agave, maple butter, maple syrup, swedish dark syrup (like molasses), maple sugar
- Sugar Free Torani Syrups: peanut butter, ginger bread, peppermint, egg nog, Kahlua, etc (honestly, the list of choices here is long and rather embarrassing- if you are interested Heabs, I can give you the WHOLE list of options!)
- hunks of the nut used
- hunks of a different nut
- cacao nibs
- chocolate or carob chips or other chips (Reese's, white chocolate, mint chocolate: think baking aisle)
- coconut shreds
Now, if you win, you have to promise to wear a birthday party cone on your head every time you eat the nut butter! Even at the office or in the park! I can even supply it with the butters. Kidding of course. But you'll get brownie points if you do it anyway and post a photo of it and send it to Heabers :-)
Please leave a comment if you are interested to win, and a number will be picked randomly- either by a computer or some random family member who happens to be passing by. I could also crumple up 423 pieces of paper with a number on it and see which one Miss Samantha chooses to play with. However, that could get ridiculously chaotic.
Cut off is midnight pacific standard time on Wed. 12/9/09.
Good luck and most of all:
Happy Heab-versary my friend!