First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRO!! He's my baby brother and I LLLLLOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE him!
We celebrated a day early by going to an amazing Cuban restaurant in what he called "The armpit of the valley". I disagree- it was near the hills and such a pretty day!
Anyway, I wanted to make him something he'd love with his fave ingredients: Peanut butter and Chocolate (guess it runs in the family eh?)
So here they are- again everything just thrown together. BUT I DID MEASURE so that I could pass on the 411 to my readers who might attempt this yummy baked good:
- 2/3 tub Emerald Cocoa Almonds (or just almonds of your choice and cocoa powder)
- 1/3 cup Mörk Sirap (what the heck is that? It's a Swedish syrup similar to MOLASSES...you can buy it at Ikea)
- 1/3 c shredded coconut, unsweetened
- heaping 1/3 cup oats
- 1/3 + Peanut butter
- small amount of water to bind
- Grind almonds in food processor- grind first half into nut butter (I should have let this go about 3 minutes longer- it was a tad dry)
- Grind second half of almonds into tiny chunks
- Add oats & coconut, transfer everything to a bowl, adorn gloves
- Add molasses or syrup
- Add water if needed to make more pliable and less cracky
- Roll out into a log and leave a center depression for the PB
- Add PB- Dare yourself not to lick everything in sight
- Steam the roll in a steamer or steamer oven (to retain moisture...I still haven't read the directions, but I will, just as soon as I read the manual for my camera)
- Cut with a wire (I used a cheese slicer-wire thingy)
Yum=0...ready for their journey to the birthday boy! Despite the cheasy name, that wine is super high-end.
Yay for Prezzies!