RSS

Guest Post!! Kath from Kath Eats Real Food


Kath was the first food blogger I ever found at Katheats.com, so I'm really excited that she is participating as a Guest-blogger while I'm away! Here is her post in answer to my questions: what are the 3 best pieces of advice you've been given; and what is your all-time fave recipe:

3 pieces of advice:

1) "Make your hobby your job." -Unknown

SO glad I followed this one :)

2) From my dad: "Check your tire air pressure seasonally at minimum. Keep a blanket in your car trunk for emergencies in the cold. Always have an emergency kit in your car with jumper cables and first aid. Always drive defensively and assume the other drives will make mistakes. Check your spare tire pressure. Never, ever leave valuables visible from the window when parked."

Yeah, he's pretty smart :)

3) "Learn the difference between what it feels like to be hungry and to think you're hungry because you're used to eating often" - Victoria Moran in Fit From Within

Fit From Within was such an inspiration book to me. Moran has such a wonderful mindset on healthy eating!


My very favorite recipe has GOT to be Whipped Banana Oatmeal! It's just so delicious all the time, and the variations are endless, clearly :)

A tribute to the world’s greatest breakfast!

Whipped Banana Oatmeal

  • 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/3 cup 1% or skim milk
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/2 a banana (I’m usually making this for 2 so we split the banana)
  • Pinch of salt
  • Stirred in:
    • Wheatberries (or spelt or rye or kamut berries)
    • 1 tbsp ground flax
    • 1 tsp vanilla extract
For two servings, we start by combining rolled oats, water, and skim milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Slice a banana into VERY thin pieces, leaving just a few bigger chunks. As the oatmeal heats, stir vigorously at times to “whip” the banana into the oats. The oats will take 5-7 minutes on medium heat to fully absorb the liquid. They’re done when they reach your desired consistency! Then we stir in vanilla and ground flax (and often wheatberries) and portion into bowls. Add any toppings you like, such as almond or peanut butter, walnuts or almonds, coconut, crumbled granola plank or bar, or trail mix – with dark chocolate chips!



http://www.katheats.com/kaths-tribute-to-oatmeal/

9 comments:

Thinspired said...

Great advice, Kath! You introduced me to Fit From Within and it definitely changed my life. No exaggeration.

Naomi said...

wonderful advice, Kath!! you changed my life from the banana whipped oatmeal, there is now nothing that compares. Ever.

Diana said...

This is all great advice :)
I never heard of Fit From Within, must check it out. Also, never tried that banana whipped oatmeal :p

Sarah @ The Foodie Diaries said...

Fit from within sounds great! Ill have to check it out

fitforfree said...

I LOVE "Fit from Within" -- I re-read it as necessary for inspiration :-)

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Ha - my dad gave me jumper cables and Fix-A-Flat one year for Christmas, and I thought it was super lame. However, looking back, it's one of the most useful Christmas presents I've ever received. Dads are smart. :)

Rhoda said...

Great oatmeal recipe. I'm trying it on my hubby.

Wonderful advice --yes, a very smart Dad.

Thanks Kath

maria said...

All great pieces of wisdom! Love the first one the most, though!

Deb (Smoothie Girl Eats Too) said...

Kath- my very first exposure to food blogging! You got me hooked! I lurked for over a year before even thinking of leaving a comment! Thanks ever so much for Guesting for me and responding to my email within hours of my request to you- that's really, really cool! :-)

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Copyright 2009 SmoothieGirlEatsToo All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes