RSS

Guest Post!! Heidi from Gold's Gym Venice, CA



Quick note from Deb: Where am I? What time is it? I'm hungry! I'm sleepy. I'm jetlagged and very confused. Bottom line, I'm home, but I'm gonna play hooky for another couple of days which will give my beloved SGET readers the chance to read two absolutely marvelous last guest posts from some of the best in the blogosphere!!! Enjoy and I'll catch up with you in a few :-)

Deb


Hey Bleeps! (that's "Blog Peeps" for those of you who aren't yet familiar with my new fave term)...

I want to thank all of my AMAZING Guest Bloggers and wonderful commenters for keeping SGET up and running while I was away on vacay! It was so. much. fun. getting all these super Bloggers to share their stories and wisdom that I might just have to take more trips! :-D

My final Guest Blogger is a local gal here in LA, CA. She teaches killer Boot Camp and Step Classes at the world-famous Gold's Gym in Venice. Read here for a surprisingly heart-warming story about how I met the wonderful Heidi. Here's Heidi's great pieces of advice and nummy recipe:

3 pieces of advice:

1. Be the change you want to see in the world. Dalai Lama

2.We’re learning how to overcome resistance, honor self-promises, strengthen our discipline, and to change our mindset which opens the door for complete transformation of consciousness, ...the one thing which changes everything." Bill Phillips

3. "Live, Laugh, and Be present each and everyday!" Heidi...ME!


My favorite recipe is:
Protein pancakes:

1/2 c of oatmeal
1 heeping spoonful of cottage cheese (non-fat)
3 eggwhites
2 walnuts
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
1 dash of cinnamon

Blend till smooth and cook on a pam sprayed pan! (say that three times fast!) :-)

Top with a lil' bit of honey and ummm ummm ummmm! Yums in my tums!

xoxo Heidi

6 comments:

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Protein pancakes - I LOVE that recipe. Used to make something similar all the time back in BFL days. Thinking of adding more protein back into my diet, and need to start making them again.

#3 was my favorite piece of advice. Thanks Heidi. Love your arms. :)

Thinspired said...

I don't think I have read that post yet so I will check it out next :)

Holly, I'm with Heather, your arms are amazing. I am definitely inspired. I have only tried protein pancakes once and failed miserably, so I will try your recipe next time and hope for better luck!

Deb, surely this isn't the last guest post?! ;)

Janetha said...

great post heidi! i LOVE protein pancakes, i make them on the regular. my recipe is the exact same as yours except i have never added nuts. thanks for the tip!

Rhoda said...

Heidi

Such lovely Zen-like philosopies and advice.

And the pancakes look pretty darn good too.

m i c h e l l e said...

Great advice! I make protein pancakes a lot and like Janetha, I have never thought to add nuts. Got to try that ...

You look amazing!!!

Deb (Smoothie Girl Eats Too) said...

Heidi- you amaze me. I walked in on Monday after YOU ran a half marathon and I crawled out of class while you continued with grace and strength! Thanks for Guesting! I will be posting more about you another time :-)

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Copyright 2009 SmoothieGirlEatsToo All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes