RSS

Guest Post!! Averie from Love Veggies and Yoga


Hello to all Deb's fans & readers! I hate to break it to you, but you're going to have to settle for me, Averie, today because Deb is not here. Deb asked me to do a guest post in her absence, and I want to thank Deb for trusting me and asking me to fill in today.


Some of you may read my blog and know that I am a high raw all vegan kinda girl and that I also have a passion for yoga.


And no, I don't just eat carrot sticks. On the contrary, I lovvvvvve my raw vegan desserts. So, it's fitting that on Smoothie Girl's blog, I post a raw dessert recipe that's, well, smooth.


This recipe has been relayed and parlayed more times than you can shake a stick at, but this is my personal rendition of Raw Vegan Chocolate Mousse. Bring this to a dinner party or a potluck or serve it as frosting on top a birthday cake and trust me, no one will think it's raw, vegan, or remotely healthy.


Averie's Raw Vegan Chocolate Mousse

Combine in Vita-Mix or Food Processor

2 ripe avocados

1/2 c agave

1/4 c cocoa powder


Optional:

2 Tbsp Coconut Oil

Dash Vanilla Extract


Blend well and dig outta the canister

Put in container and chill in fridge, or freeze to make it really decadent like a thick mousse-ey ice cream, or make it pretty and do it up parfait style in glasses alternating layers of choco mousse and strawberries or other fruit. Or as I mentioned, you can even thin it out a smidge more with an extra dash of agave and this will become your go-to frosting. Serious.


Enjoy!


And because I always end all my posts with a yoga shot on my own blog, here's the Yoga Pic of the Day. Side Crane, aka Parsva Bakasana.


Thanks again Deb for having me, and if any of you have questions about anything raw, vegan, yoga, or recipe-related, please ask away. I'm here to help!

Things today were brought to you in VeganMofo spirit.

P.S. If anyone wants to really go crazy with chocolate, my Raw Vegan Brownies are mouthgasmic! (Hope it's ok to use that word on your blog, Deb)


10 comments:

Thinspired said...

Hi Averie! As always, your recipes do not disappoint! I can't wait to try this one--just need to get my hands on coconut oil!

VeggieGirl said...

Fabulous guest post!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

That chocolate mousse would never make it to the refrigerator in our house. It would go straight from the canister into CD's belly...I might get a bite. ;)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) said...

Thanks for having me as a guest poster, Deb!!!!!! (I really hope you don't see this comment for a good long time because that means you're off on the high seas enjoying your vacay and far, far away from any technology!) Just kidding :) But seriously, thank you for allowing me to post in your absence and thanks to Lara, VG, and Heather for the choco mousse props :)
xoxo
averie

Rhoda said...

Averie!

The mousse sounds/looks amazing. Must try. Thanks.

Beautiful yoga shot.

Rhoda

Bekah said...

Bahaha mouthgasmic.

And Averie, prettty sure Deb who calls her self a gym whore, is okay with the use of the word. I am not offended by any means.

It made me laugh, and actually, adds to brownie/mousse attraction. =)

Janetha said...

averie you are going to make the whole blogosphere chubby from all you EPIC desserts ;) I LOVE YOU!

Hayley said...

One of my favorite bloggers is blogging on one of my other favorite bloggers blog!! I have accumulated various recipes of yours that I plan on making once I return from TX. The plan was to make them this week but since I didn't have much of an appetite that got delayed.

I love you Averie and I'm always glad to see your smiling face and your fabulous yoga poses. I can do a headstand now!! With that being said, however, I put my arms in a slightly different place that helps me balance. :)

m i c h e l l e said...

I need to try that recipe. I have a feeling I would love it :-)

Amazing yoga pose too! Holy smokes!!!

Deb (Smoothie Girl Eats Too) said...

Averie- the new rock star health and fitness blogger! So proud of you! Thank you for Guesting and for the yummy goodies that I'm still enjoying :-)

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Copyright 2009 SmoothieGirlEatsToo All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes